Wednesday, 26 March 2014

A Fictitious Conversation With My Daughter

"Mummy?"

"Yes, sweet cheeks?"

"I love you"

"I love you too darling"

"I mean I really, really love you"

"I know"

"In fact, I love you so much that..." secretive, mischievous smile "I have decided I want another Mummy."

"What?!"

"Not instead of you, silly. As well as you. Listen, I've worked it all out and it'll be brilliant.

"And it isn't just for me. YOU. ARE. GOING. TO. LOVE. HER

"You know how you really like hanging out with your female friends having tea and cake? Well, this will be like having a best friend with you all the time, and you can do all sorts of things together, every day, which will be really, really fun.

"Now, she will be a bit younger and probably cuter than you. So you might find that when your friends come round they are suddenly more interested in chatting to her. But it is only because she is new, they still love you, you just aren't quite as interesting.

"Obviously because she is has only just arrived I might have to spend a bit more time with her than with you, to begin with anyway, just to help her find her feet and know what is going on. So I might not be able to give you my full attention any more.

"You look concerned.

"I know what you're worried about. Don't be.

"Daddy will absolutely adore her too. He'll give her lots of kisses and cuddles - just like he gives you now.

"This is going to be FANTASTIC."

Is it any wonder children get jealous of new siblings?

I'm thinking I should start trying for number two sooner rather than later to hopefully sneak one in before Olive becomes fully sentient and twigs what is going on. Luckily I have two embryos on ice so I have a head start on my next round of IVF, the next step is to work out exactly when to plunge back into that drama.

Watch this space.





10 comments:

  1. Just a warning before you start: You may end up having this exact conversation with Olive anyway! And with potential next child too... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Best of luck! I can't wait to read all about this next step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo! Am looking forward to reading about more of your adventures. :)

    -JC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smiling. (and sometimes wish we had another mummy in the house. A younger one. For the nights maybe.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's great!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mazing! seems like a good idea. think we've decided we're not having any more... a shame but also a relief. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that, so true! I'd hate a new younger cuter wife coming along stealing my thunder.

    Good luck with your frosticles.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read your blog in ages and ages. Disappeared from the whole fertility thing for a while and just thought of you yest. Am delighted to see you have a baby girl and best of luck with those frozen ones too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go go go you ... I look forward to the updates & this time you know what works, so shouldn't be quite the roller previously experienced. Xx

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!